What is KPOP?
In the popular language, Korean music is known as ‘Kpop’ in short. This pop genre originated from the East Asian country of South Korea. The word ‘Kpop’ translated to ‘Korean pop’ (music). Going by the terminology, it seems that this famous genre of music only involves pop songs in their list. But, this isn’t the case! They also other genres including jazz, hip-hop, gospel, rock, experimental, electronic dance, Reggie, R&B, country, folk, and classical. They stay true to traditional Korean music. The earliest music band in the Kpop category was formed by Seo Tajiki, Yang Hyun-Suk, and Lee Juno. The singers of the Kpop genre mix and match different musical styles. Hence, it results in the formation of an integrated version of modern Korean music.
Also Read: Upcoming KPOP World Tours 2020
According to the Global Music Report of the International Federation of Phonographic Industry, Kpop was able to achieve a rank at a sixth spot among the top 10 music markets worldwide. A typical K-pop band performs in a hyperactive and synchronised dance style along with flashy visuals. Some of the famous K-pop artists are:-
- Park Jae-sang – He is popularly known as ‘Psy’. He gained popularity for the “Gangnam Style” song.
- Kwon Bon Ah – She is popularly called ‘BoA’. Since the age of 11 years, she is singing in the Kpop music industry.
- Jung Ji-hoon – He is known by the name of ‘Rain’ in the Kpop world. He was ranked by Times magazine in the list of the ‘100 people who shape our world’.
- Big Bang – This musical group has five members, namely, G-Dragon, Taeyang, T.O.P., Daesung, and Seungri.
- Wonder girls – It is an all-girls musical band. Their most famous song was ‘Tell me’.
- BTS – Their musical name is ‘Bangtan Boys’. Currently, it is the most lovable band. Their most hit releases are Wings, Map of the Journey:7, Love yourself. Its members are Jung kook, Jinn, Suga, Jimin, V and J-Hope.
Also Read: Upcoming K-POP groups in 2021
What is KPOP Comeback?
Whenever a Kpop musical band releases a musical album or a song, after a prolonged period, it is called ‘Kpop Comeback’. The comeback is done in three major formats. They are as follows:-
- Single album: Usually, a debut Kpop singer uses this format to launch their singles. It contains only one B-side.
- Mini album: Mini album has nine tracks of songs, including eight B-sides and a single instrument. This is the most famous format for comeback styles.
- Full album: It comprises more than ten songs. It is the least famous format.
The Kpop comebacks which are released during the summer season is called ‘summer comeback’. While, the others are referred to as normal comebacks. The respective music companies decide the frequency of Kpop comebacks. Generally, fewer comebacks are announced to maintain the popularity of the music bands. In short, the comeback is the most active period when Kpop albums are released to earn profits.
The Schedule of KPOP COMEBACKS in 2021-22
Many Kpop comebacks are set to release in 2021-22. Fans are waiting for their favourite girl-bands, boys-band and co-ed bands. Each month is full of plenty of exciting releases. After researching, we have brought a comprehensive list of confirmed Kpop comebacks scheduled for this year.
Fans have huge expectations from this superstar Kpop group. Recently, the BTS group tweeted from their official social media on Twitter about their latest comeback in late May. The name of their long-awaited comeback is ‘Butter’. It will release on 21st May 2021 at 12:45 pm as per the Korean Standard time. According to the European Standard Time, 20th May ( 11:46 pm) is the release date. The song ‘Butter’ is very different from the previous hit song of 2020, Dynamite. This year’s song is set in a smooth tone. The lyrics of this Kpop song may pay tribute to the legendary band, the Queen.
This Kpop all-boys band formerly earned its reputation with the band name, the ‘Beast’. During the break, the pop singers were completing their term of military enlistment. On 3rd May 2021, they released their comeback song titled ‘the Blowing’
NCT Dream –
Launched in 2016 by SM Entertainment, this top-rated band is a sub-unit of the Neo Culture Technology group. This year, they are going to release a full album for the first time. They released a pop sensational song titled “ Hot Sauce” on 10th May 2021.
Tomorrow X Together –
In short, fans refer to them as TXT. On 31st May 2021, this South Korean all-boys Kpop band will release their second album named ‘The Chaos Chapter: Freeze’.
The Black –
The Black is an attached sub-unit of the prominent all-girls pop group, Cosmic Girls. They are all set to their debut comeback from the single album titled ‘My Attitude’ on 19th May 2021.
Under Yuzo Entertainment, the Korean musical band of Blitzer will release their debut album. Their latest songs will be aired on 12th May 2021 by the title ‘Breath Again’, ‘Ocean Blue’ and ‘Dream Pilot’.
Kpop music has successfully taken over other music genres. It is ruling the hearts of fans all over the world. Get, set, ready and go for listening to your favourite Kpop comebacks.