The renowned and the most respectable persona of India late Mr. A P J Abdul Kalam sir has always been known for his intelligence, the capability to think beyond reality and possibility and that is what makes him the special man of India. He and his team of the Technology Information, forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) of India’s Department of Science and Technology had initially prepared a document which is called as India’s Vision 2020 and later it is converted into a book named, “India 2020: A vision for the New Millennium”. This book has been co-authored by Y. S. Rajan along with Mr. Kalam. This book is a must-read book to know the thoughts and plans that have been developed by Mr. Kalam and his team to make India better than now.
Mr. Kalam has brilliantly described his plan for the country in the year 2020. He has the vision to transform the country into developed land. In the vision of India for the year 2020, he has covered five areas in the combination as per India’s core competency, intellectual manpower, and natural resources. These all five areas have been mentioned for integrated action to double the growth rate of GDP and realize the Vision of Developed India.
Read Also: Essay on The vision of India 2020
Let’s see in details what vision points have been mentioned in the Vision India for 2020 by Mr. Kalam
- Agriculture and food processing: The very major facet of our country is the agriculture and food processing segment. Development and collaboration with advanced technology and increasing the present production of agriculture and food processing is very important for India in 2020. This growth in the agriculture and food processing industry will create more job opportunities and will be a helpful factor for many societies of India.
- Infrastructure with reliable electric power: Infrastructure is a very important factor for any country as it creates an established image of the country on the international level. To develop the rural as well as urban areas right from roots is very important to be in the list of the world’s top developed countries. Every city must be equipped with all the necessary as well as advanced amenities including 24/7 power supply, 24/7 water supply, solar power, hi-tech science and all the necessary as well as advanced healthcare facilities at every corner of the country.
- Education and Healthcare: Education is the root of our country. Education builds our future generations and helps them to learn more advanced teaching skills. Hence, our country should be directed towards the best education provider at every corner of the country and make sure that each child gets educated with a good quality of education. Along with education, health is also the prime factor and concern for the country. Providing high quality and advanced healthcare facilities to every population in our country will build our country more strong to help in the growth of the country.
- Information and Communication Technology: Enhancing and make the information and communication technology advance, strong and compatible with today’s generation is very important as per the efforts towards the country’s growth. Hence, it is very important to work more towards advancing information and communication technology in the country in the year 2020.
- Critical technologies and strategic industries: The growth of nuclear technology, space technology, and defense technology is again an important factor to stand firm on an international level to be listed in the top ten powerful countries in the world. Hence, the experts and authorized persons in the related areas must concentrate on the development and advancement of their respective facet.
- Poverty and Illiteracy: Decreasing the rate of poverty and illiteracy and take genuine and result oriented efforts towards these two limiting factors which are restraining the growth of the country.
Hence, Vision India 2020 by A P J Abdul kalam is an effort towards the advanced and developed India. It is a thought process that needs to be developed and work towards the nation’s growth. Our nation is an ocean of skills, knowledge, natural resources, and many other things that are not available in many countries and which need to be cherished and developed. All the existing development should be taken to the next level and make it more advanced to make India to be listed in the developed countries in the world. Vision India 2020 by Kalam is a path guided to take our country ahead and get rid of all the negatives from the country and make it more livable land on the earth.